Welcome to the galttoys.com website terms and conditions for use.
These terms and conditions apply to the use of this Website and by accessing this Website and/or placing an order you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you may not use or access this Website.
Before you place an order, if you have any questions relating to these terms and conditions, please contact our Customer Service team by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0161 428 9111
Monday to Thursday 9:00am – 5:00pm & Friday 9:00am – 4:45pm.
All calls to Customer Services will be charged at the local rate (BT users only, other network charges may vary), and both inbound and outbound calls may be recorded for quality monitoring and training purposes.
These terms and conditions will apply to all orders for Products which are being delivered within the UK.
- Conditions – means these terms and conditions and the Special Conditions
- Product – means a product displayed for sale on the Website
- Product Description – means that part of the Website where certain terms and conditions in respect of the individual Product are provided
- Special Conditions – means the terms and conditions in the Product Description
- Users – means the users of the Website collectively
- Personal Information – means the details provided by you on registration
- We/us – means James Galt & Company Ltd and our Galt and Ambi Toys Brands.
- Website – means the website located at www.galttoys.com or any subsequent URL which may replace it
- Cookies – means small text files which our Website places on your computer's hard drive to store information about your shopping session and to identify your computer
- United Kingdom – means England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands
- You – means a user of this Website.
Use of the website
You are provided with access to this Website in accordance with these Conditions and any orders placed by you must be placed strictly in accordance with these Conditions.
You warrant that:
- The Personal Information which you are required to provide when you register as a customer is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects; and
- You will notify us immediately of any changes to the Personal Information by contacting our Customer Service Representatives by e-mail, or calling us on 0161 428 9111 Monday- Thursday between 9am-5:00pm and Friday 9am-4:45pm.
You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use.
You agree fully to indemnify, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers, harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of the Conditions by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this Website, or the use by any other person accessing the Website using your shopping account and/or your Personal Information.
We reserve the right to:
- modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, this Website (or any part thereof) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website; and/or
- change the Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the Website (or any part thereof) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website.
Third party links
To provide increased value to our Users, we may provide links to other websites or resources for you to access at your sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that, as you have chosen to enter the linked website we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not review or endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for (i) the privacy practices of such websites, (ii) the content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources or (iii) the use to which others make of these websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services available on such external websites or resources.
When you use our website, you'll see that we offer you recommendations, showing products we think you might like and could perhaps miss when you're browsing the site.
These are based on your past purchases, top sellers, and recently-viewed products. We determine your interests and suggest new products you may like; additionally we compare your interests and buying habits with the interests and habits of other customers, to show you relevant products.
Your recommendations may change when you make a purchase and move around the site.
We take reasonable care to ensure our recommendations are in line with your behaviour as a customer on galttoys.com. Details of the products we recommend - such as price - are correct at the time recommendations are originally made to you, but can be subject to change without notice.
Privacy and cookies
We will treat all your Personal Data as confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below). We will keep it on a secure server and we will fully comply with all applicable privacy regulations and consumer legislation.
If you'd like to read more on how and where we collect or how we use your personal data, please see our Privacy Notice
In the Privacy Notice, you can also find out how to stop receiving marketing information.
Please see our cookies policy to learn more about what cookies we use, their nature, purpose and related usage of your personal data on galttoys.com.
Description of products
Each Product purchased is sold subject to its Product Description which may set out additional Specific Conditions related to that Product including, without limitation, terms and conditions concerning estimated delivery dates and times and guarantees.
We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of Products appearing on the Website are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system.
Although we aim to keep the Website as up to date as possible, the information including Product Descriptions appearing on this Website at a particular time may not always reflect the position exactly at the moment you place an order.
We cannot confirm the price of a Product until your order is accepted in accordance with our Order acceptance policy.
Ordering, cancelling and returning products
We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the Website. Find out more about our Returns & Refund policy which is incorporated into these Conditions.
Contract creation and electronic contracting
The technical steps required to create the contract between you and us are as follows:
- You place the order for your products on the Website by pressing the confirm order button at the end of the checkout process. You will be guided through the process of placing an order by a series of simple instructions on the Website
- We will send you an order confirmation email detailing the products you have ordered. This is not an order acceptance
- For items being delivered to you, when your product is shipped from our warehouse our logistics partners will send you an SMS message to the telephone number your provided to confirm your order is out for delivery.
- Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on the despatch to you of the Products ordered unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order, or you have cancelled it in accordance with the instructions in Change or cancel an order.
- Your credit/debit card will be charged when your order is taken
Non-acceptance of an order may be a result of one of the following:
- The product you ordered being unavailable from stock
- Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment
- The identification of a pricing or product description error
- Your not meeting the eligibility to order criteria set out in the main Terms & Conditions
The contract will be concluded in English.
The details of your specific contract will not be filed by galttoys.com. If you do require any information regarding orders you have placed with galttoys.com, please write to us at: Customer Services, James Galt & Company Ltd, Sovereign House, Stockport Road, Cheadle, Cheshire, SK8 2EA.
Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013
This legislation offers you the following cancellation rights when you buy online:
- You are entitled to cancel your contract if you so wish, provided that you exercise your right no longer than 14 days after the day on which you receive the goods or services.
- Your right to return or cancel products does not apply to goods that by reason of their nature cannot be returned or are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly. This doesn't affect your statutory rights if goods are faulty or not as described.
- If you wish to exercise your right of cancellation, you are obliged to retain possession of the goods and take reasonable care of them.
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel your contract by a clear statement, including details of your name, geographical address, details of the order you wish to cancel and, where available, your phone number and email address.
- You can cancel by email: email@example.com, or call 0161 428 9111, or write to: Customer Services, galttoys.com, Sovereign House Stockport Road, Cheadle Cheshire SK8 2EA
- If you decide to cancel, you should return the goods to us at your cost within 14 days of such cancellation and we will reimburse to you (by the method used to pay for the original transaction) the amount in relation to goods to which cancellation rights apply. This includes the cost of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you choose a type of delivery other than our standard and least expensive method of delivery).
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you. We will make the reimbursement no later than 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied.
Please see our Returns & Refund policy for further details.
Disposal of electrical products and WEEE regulations
James Galt & Co. Ltd is a producer of Electrical and Electronic Equipment (EEE) and is therefore obligated under the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Regulations. We are fully compliant with all responsibilities as a registered member of a UK government approved WEEE Compliance Scheme. Our WEEE producer registration number is WEE/BD0047SY.
The UK WEEE Regulations were first introduced in 2007 with the aim of reducing the amount of EEE ending up in landfill. As per the requirements of the Regulations, we finance the recovery and recycling of WEEE when it reaches the end of its life and ensure our EEE products are marked accordingly with a crossed out wheeled bin symbol.
More information about the WEEE Regulations can be found at www.gov.uk/electrical-and-electronic-equipment-eee-producer-responsibility.
- The opening and closing dates of each prize draw will be stipulated as part of each entry instructions and will be named the ("Draw Period").
- Unless otherwise stated, there will be one winner per Online draw period, who will win a prize for entering as per the rules of the draw. Participants may only win the Prize once in any Draw Period.
- Prizes will be awarded to entries picked at random by computer or an independent person. 1 working day after the closing date, which is 23:59 on the last day of each Draw Period (“Giveaway Close Date”). Each winner will be contacted by email or telephone within 21 days of the Giveaway closing, and be sent their prize by post no later than 90 days after the Prize Draw Date. If a winner for a Prize Draw cannot be contacted using reasonable efforts within 10 days from the Prize Draw Date for that Draw Period, then an alternative winner will be drawn from the entries for the applicable Draw for that Draw Period.
- There is no cash alternative to the Prize. We reserve the right to award an alternative prize of equal or greater value, should the advertised prize or any part of it become unavailable. The result of the Prize Draw is final. No correspondence will be entered into. The name and county of each winner will be available on request by sending a stamped addressed envelope to James Galt & Company Ltd, Marketing Department, James Galt, Sovereign House, Stockport Road, Cheadle, Cheshire,
SK8 2EA, and may be posted online.
- Each winner may be required to participate in reasonable press or PR activity related to the prize draw as notified by Galt Toys.
- We reserve the right to cancel or amend the prize draw or these rules at any time without prior notice, with no liability to any entrants.
- We can accept no responsibility for entries which fail to be properly submitted for any technical reason whatsoever, and will reject entries submitted by any other means.
Promotional offers, discounts & online coupon codes
- You can redeem the James Galt & Company Ltd discount code online at galttoys.com as part or full payment.
- The following exclusions apply to use of our discount codes: Items already discounted (Showing a Was/Now price or listed under the Special Offer category on galttoys.com) and on products that are part of another promotion (2for1, 3for2 etc). Only 1 coupon code can be applied against a single order.
- The discount code will expire 24 months from issue.
- We do not give change or refunds of money discounted by a coupon code.
- You cannot exchange coupon codes for cash.
- If you return goods you have purchased online with a coupon code, we'll credit monies owing back to the payment method you used. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- We reserve the right to refuse to accept a online coupon code which we deem to have been tampered with, duplicated or which otherwise is suspected to be affected by fraud.
- We reserve the right to amend the coupon codes terms and conditions from time to time, where we consider it reasonable and necessary to do so
When you redeem coupon code online for products available via galttoys.com, you will be required to enter the code of the coupon, and apply it to your order. If you have entered the code correctly you should see a confirmation message advising that the code has been successfully applied to your order, you should also see the sub total update to include the discount.
- Coupons, discounts and promotional discount codes offered by galttoys.com are valid only for use as part of a purchase made via galttoys.com, unless otherwise stated.
Promotional discount codes:
2 for 1 on selected lines T’s & C’s
2 for 1 on selected toys offer is valid until 31st December 2018 (inclusive) on www.galttoys.com
The products within the offer will be clearly marked online
For online purchases, the customer must add their chosen product options to basket, an additional product of the same type will be automatically added to the cart but with no cost applied.
Any returns must be in accordance with Galt Toys’ returns policy. In addition, in order to receive a full refund, all two products must be returned at the same time. If only the full price product is returned, Galt Toys will be entitled to withhold a sum equal to the value of the free toy in payment for the retained free toy.
This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer (including FREE toy or any other multi-buy offer), including without limitation, staff discount and childcare/nursery discounts, any online coupon codes offering a percentage discount.
All products are subject to availability. Galt Toys reserves the right to withdraw any items and/or change these terms and conditions at any time.
Postage, packing and delivery charges are additional and not subject to discount. Details of such charges are available at www.galttoys.com/delivery-information-uk
This offer is non-transferable, and goods should not be sold on auction sites for profit.
These terms and conditions are governed by English law and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts
Intellectual property and right to use
You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content supplied as part of the Website shall remain at all times vested in us or our licensors. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by us or our licensors.
You acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained within the Website is made available for your personal non-commercial use only and that you may (if necessary to make a Purchase) download such material and content onto only one computer hard drive for such purpose. Any other use of the material and content of the Website is strictly prohibited. You agree not to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
Compliance with laws
The Website may be used only for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations regarding the Website and any transactions conducted on or through the Website.
Limitation of liability
While we will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any information we place on the Website, we make no warranties, whether express or implied in relation to its accuracy. The Website is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis without any representation or endorsement made and we make no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Website, or any transaction that may be conducted on or through the Website including but not limited to, implied warranties of non-infringement, compatibility, security, accuracy, conditions of completeness, or any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage or trade.
We make no warranty that the Website will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, and reliability of the Website. We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the Website.
To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, we disclaim any and all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Products. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer, nor does it affect your Contract Cancellation Rights.
We will not be liable, in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent or negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise out of or in connection with the Conditions for:
- any economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); or
- any loss of goodwill or reputation; or
- any special or indirect losses
suffered or incurred by that party arising out of or in connection with the provisions of any matter under the Conditions.
Nothing in the Conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our servants, agents or employees.
If any part of the Conditions shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be severable from the Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of the Conditions.
No waiver by us shall be construed as a waiver of any proceeding or succeeding breach of any provision.
Each provision of the Conditions shall be construed as separately applying and surviving even if for any reason one or other of those provisions is held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances.
These Conditions govern our relationship with you. Any changes to these Conditions must be in writing and signed by both parties. In this way, we can avoid any problems surrounding what James Galt & Company Ltd and you are expected to do. You confirm that, in agreeing to accept the Conditions, you have not relied on any representation save insofar as the same has expressly been made a term of these Conditions and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any representation. Your Statutory Rights are not affected by these terms and conditions. Nothing in this Clause shall limit or exclude our liability in respect of any fraudulent or negligent misrepresentation whether or not such has become a term of the Conditions.
The Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
For any queries regarding our service, please contact us via email, phone or post.
Our company details are:
James Galt & Company Ltd
Registered in England. Company registration number: 135476
VAT no: GB923104367